It is common knowledge that regular walking is important for good health. However just like there are different types of carbohydrates and fats that carry different nutritional value, so too there are different aspects of walking that can increase it’s benefit.
The checklist below is an indicator on how much value your current walking routine gives you. The more ticks the better!
- Includes hills – one tick for uphills and one for downhills
- Includes uneven surfaces
- Weekly includes a walk and a carry of an object
- On a monthly basis includes an unfamiliar path or route
- Includes weekly variations in speed
- Includes different temperatures due to differing times of the day
- Involves walking on the opposite side of your normal path or the opposite direction
Leave us a comment and let us know how you scored!