Here at Active Seniors our university qualified exercise physiologists specialise in designing individual exercise programs tailored to your needs. Our exercises can help improve all aspects of your health and wellbeing and can be targeted towards specific health conditions, sports or leisure activities.
Our programs include a comprehensive assessment, targeted exercise programs and supervised group exercise sessions tailored to your needs. We provide regular reviews to track your progress and make changes to your program to ensure that you get the most out of your exercise. We also offer individual exercise physiology sessions to provide you with the ultimate care and guidance.
WHAT DO OUR EXERCISE PROGRAMS HELP WITH?
- Improving strength, flexibility and balance
- Increasing energy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart Disease
- Stroke prevention or recovery
- Balance concerns
- Specific sports and activities such as golf, bowls and tennis
First Visit – Assessment (One on One)
To get you started we perform a comprehensive assessment that takes place over 2 visits. During the first visit we gather information about your current health and perform a series of tests to ensure that we understand how we can improve your health and keep you doing the activities that you enjoy.
Second Visit – Report Visit
On the second visit we explain and demonstrate your active life program. The program is specific to your needs and includes a tailored exercise program as well as lifestyle advice.
Group Exercise Sessions
Following your assessment we invite you to join our centre and participate in our supervised group exercise sessions. While it is a group setting, everyone performs their own program at their own pace. The group numbers are limited and the sessions times are flexible to fit around your needs.
Individual Exercise Sessions
In addition to our group exercise sessions, we also offer individual sessions with our exercise physiologists. During these sessions we are able to provide the best possible level of care and offer greater variety to your exercise experience.
Our exercise physiologists perform regular reviews with you individually to track your progress and make adjustments to your program.
At our Gordon Centre Suzy specialises in functional hands on therapy. She uses a variety of techniques including hands on therapy, instrument assisted techniques, dry needling, cold laser and taping and rehabilitation exercises. The techniques used are based on research and are done in a manner which is very comfortable for the patient.
WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM FUNCTIONAL HANDS ON THERAPY?
People who may benefit from seeing our Chiropractor may include those suffering from:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip pain
- Balance problems
At our Gordon Centre, Karen provides nutritional services including individual consultations and group sessions. Karen is passionate about finding positive health solutions that focus on real food.
WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM NUTRITION SERVICES?
- Weight management
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Digestive problems
- Anxiety and stress
- Cancer prevention & management
First Visit – Assessment
During the first visit, we collect information about your current health issues, dietary patterns and medical history, as well as discuss your health and wellbeing goals.
Second Visit – Issue of Treatment Plan
At your second visit, we go through your individually designed nutritional Treatment Plan with practical tips for implementing your plan
Reassessments – Consultation
Review and follow up appointments can be made at any time. At these consultations, we review your progress in relation to your treatment goals and provide further professional advice, information and resources
Our online program is designed to give you the benefits of an individual exercise program while also giving you the freedom to choose where and when you perform the exercises.
The online program includes:
- A personalised exercise program designed specifically for you by our experienced Exercise Physiologists. Your program will be based on the results of a thorough self assessment to make sure that the exercises you are given best suit your needs
- Detailed videos and instructions for all of the exercises in your program to ensure that you are performing the exercises correctly
- Regular reviews of your progress and modifications to your program as you improve. This includes any necessary changes to your program should your circumstances change
- Constant email support for any questions you have and to make any necessary adjustments to your exercise program
- Regular emails with educational content on topics that are specific to your health concerns
- An invitation to join all of our in-centre events including health workshops and lunches
- Access to the monthly Active Seniors Health Centre newsletter with health information including summaries from our health workshops, healthy recipes and brain teasers
At Active Seniors we believe that education is an important part of health improvement. We run regular free monthly health workshops in our centres as well as external community health talks.
Please contact your closest centre or subscribe to our newsletter for more information about up and coming health workshops.
The Active Seniors book is designed to help you:
- Stay mentally active, looking at your attitude towards ageing, your engagement in the community and maintaining memory.
- Remain physically active, giving you strategies to build your strength and flexibility as well as improve your balance and posture.
- Have good nutritional health, from diet through to hydration, supplementation and medication.
This book is written in a clear, positive and instructional manner, and is filled with tips and proven strategies to keep you healthy. It also contains great stories and interviews from many of our wonderful members as well as the amazing lta Buttrose. This is a book written from the heart and based on 15 years worth of research and experience, with all the information you need to remain active and healthy for years to come.
The book is $25.00 ($20 plus $5 postage) of which $15.00 from each book sold will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation.
Click here to purchase the book